QUINCY — Robert Lee Mejer, Quincy University art professor, has been honored with multiple awards at international, national and state juried art exhibitions.
Recent awards include:
• Second place in drawing and printmaking at the Illinois State Fair-Professional Art Exhibition for his monotype assemblegraph “Winged Totem.”
• Second place in watercolor in the Illinois State Fair-Professional Art Exhibition for his watercolor “Variant: Solar Eclipse.”
• Watercolor “Take PC#18” was selected into the 43rd Annual Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition 2016, receiving a Merit Award.
• Watercolor “Take PC #47” was selected for exhibition in the 2016 San Diego Watercolor Society International Exhibition. This piece also received the Dick Blick Art Materials Merchandise Award. For being juried into three international exhibitions, Mejer is also being awarded Signature Status and has the right to use the letters SDWS after his name.
• The Publishers of McClain’s Relief Printmaking Supplies Catalog selected the multi-plate color monotype “Gestation” for color reproduction in their 2016 catalog.
• Monotype assemblegraph, “Aqueous II” was selected for inclusion in the Mid-America Print Council Members’ Juried Exhibition.
For more information about the different art exhibitions, contact Mejer at email@example.com.