QUINCY — Quincy Community Theatre has announced its lineup for the 2107 season of live theatrical events.
The theater celebrates its 80th season with all-time favorites, fresh new picks and the world premiere of a touring production written in Quincy.
Season tickets for 2017 include:
• “Sweeney Todd,” March 23 to 26 and March 31 to April 2 — This award-winning thriller tells the tale of Sweeney Todd, a brooding barber on the hunt for revenge against a wicked judge and the city that let injustice be. Featuring the music of composer Stephen Sondheim.
• “Dixie Swim Club,” May 11 to 14 and May 19 to 21 — This heartwarming comedy follows six college friends who reunite every summer, free of their husbands and children. Written by the team behind the comedy “Mama Won’t Fly,” “Dixie Swim Club” is an equally enjoyable examination of the power of friendship. Sponsored by Quincy Medical Group.
• “Hello, Dolly!” July 20 to 23 and July 27 to 30 — Dolly Levi is a widow, a matchmaker and a professional meddler — but everything changes when she decides that the next match she needs to make is one for herself. This summer musical is sponsored by Knapheide, Hansen-Spear Funeral Home, The Herald-Whig, WGEM, Blessing Health System, Quincy Medical Group and Quincy Mall.
• “Our Town,” Sept. 14 to 17 and Sept. 22 to 24 — The Pulitzer Prize-winning play about American life follows the lives of two families as they intertwine through twelve years of life changes. Sponsored by The Herald-Whig and WGEM.
• “She Loves Me,” Nov. 30 to Dec. 3 and Dec. 8 to 10 — A romantic musical based on the play that became “You’ve Got Mail.” Coworkers Georg and Amalia hate each other, but they discover that perhaps they’ve found love in someone they never would have imagined. Sponsored by Kohl Cash & Carry Showroom and First Bankers Trust Company.
Family/Student Theatre productions for 2017 include:
• “Tarzan,” Feb. 9 to 12 — A musical based on the Disney film and book by Edgar Rice Burroughs features staging that weaves American Sign Language into the story. Sponsored by Hansen-Spear Funeral Home, The Herald-Whig and WGEM.
• “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea,” June 15 to 18 — An adaptation of the Jules Verne classic will move through the hallways, sneak ways and corridors of the QCT facility. Sponsored by Quincy Mall.
• “Harriet the Spy,” Oct. 26 to 29 — Based on the popular book by Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet keeps a notebook of all she sees, but when it’s found by her classmates, Harriet learns how her opinions can affect others. Sponsored by Refreshment Services Pepsi.
• “American Fairy Tales,” QCT On the Road — Based on the beloved stories of L. Frank Baum, this production was adapted for the stage by QCT’s Head of Education Kelsey Celek. Tours are available for schools and organizations beginning April 2017.
Season tickets are available to new season ticket holders beginning Oct. 17, 2016. Current season ticket holders may renew their seats beginning Oct. 3, 2016, with guaranteed seating renewals for fixed season ticket holders through Oct. 14, 2016.
For more information about the 2017 Season or season ticket prices, call the QCT Box Office at 217-222-3209 or visit 1qct.org. Box office hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The 2017 Season is sponsored by Gardner Denver. Media Sponsors for the 2017 Season are STARadio, Spectrum Reach, WGEM, The Herald-Whig, Media Development and KHQA. This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency.