405 Lewis Street
Lewis Street Playhouse, first known as the Miller-Starr Opera House, was built in 1893 at 405 Lewis Street in Canton. The facility hosted traveling stage performances in the 1800s and early 1900s, then later functioned as a movie theater. After standing vacant since the early 1980s, the Canton Area Arts Council began plans in 2005 to revitalize the facility, and work was completed on the beautiful art deco building in 2008.
The 5,000-square foot space has been renovated to include stadium-style seating, state-of-the-art audio system, updated art-deco inspired decor and concession stand. It is also home to Canton Festival Theatre.
The Playhouse is available to rent for parties, receptions, meetings and other events.